Closed Loop Temperature Control and Real-Time Temperature Monitoring Software for Thermatool® Seam Annealers
SmartAnnealTM control software provides precise temperature control with a simple operator interface, designed to enhance and automate the induction heating process. With SmartAnnealTM control software, pipe producers can build a product set-up database by entering pipe parameters such as diameter, wall thickness and inductor position in addition to storing equipment settings for a given pipe size. Inductors can be automatically positioned quickly and accurately by using these stored database parameters. The SmartAnnealTM control software, provides greater control over the annealing process with the added benefit of scrap reduction and a better-quality heat treatment.
Actual Data – Experience
Thermatool utilizes operational data points taken from operating tube mills to ensure process set up and production algorithms are validated. Thermatool has supplied seam annealers to many of the world’s premiere line pipe and OCTG producers. The experience and expertise from producing some of the most demanding heat treated tubular and bar products is invaluable in improving the production throughput and quality of your tube and pipe.
- Build a product set-up database by entering pipe parameters.
- Simplified touch screen control allows for multi-stage annealing systems in both manual and automatic modes.
- Control multiple power supply applications from a single console.
- Precise control of the seam annealing process for less scrap and higher quality product.
- Speed Power Control (SPC) adjusts the output of each seam annealer with changes in mill speed.
- Temperature set points are available for automated power regulation to maintain targeted heating temperatures.